Friday, February 11, 2011

Beginnings - Pt 2.

So, you get a shiny new DSLR and you take normal camera photos or people at parties and shit like that, but what is the point of having a really nice camera when you can do all that with a 100 dollar Kodak EasyShare?

There comes a time if you enjoy using your camera you start to get creative. I'm still trying to get my creative juices flowing -- I spend alot of time looking at books and photo blogs and things like that. I try to draw inspiration from what I've seen, this partly helps me understand the concepts of creative photography.

learning to see things through a lens is so different to just having normal vision. Its something that captures a moment in time, and is static. It never changes. To be able to capture someting that gets someone's eye is a special thing.

Which brings me to This picture. This was my first attempt at actually being creative.

This source of water is there the pipeline that runs from Mundaring in WA to Kalgoorlie ends. It provides the Goldfields with water. It takes approx 2 weeks for the water to make its journey, and even after that, the water is still cool when it comes out. Here where this picture is taken, is where it sees the world outside the pipeline for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment